The Propel Grafana plugin lets you visualize Propel Metrics in Grafana.
Prequisites in Propel
- You have a Propel account.
- You will need at least one metric created on top of a Propel Data Pool and Propel Data Source in order to visualize data in Grafana.
- A Propel Application scoped with
Adminaccess in order to list metrics.
- You can create a free Grafana cloud account here.
- Browse to the Propel plugin on the Grafana plugin marketplace and click on install.
Copy the plugin files to the plugin directory. More installation instructions.
- Inside Grafana, browse to Configuration -> Data Sources.
- Search for and select the Propel data source.
- In the application credentials section, add the client ID and client secret from the appropriate Propel Application.
- Click the "Save and Test" button.
- Verify the connection has succeeded and check the success message correctly returns a count of the metrics available in your Propel application.
- Create a new or edit an existing dashboard and add a new panel
- On the query tab, choose Propel as the data source.
- Select a Metric.
- Select a query type from one of the following as appropriate for your Metric: counter, time series, or leaderboard.
- Optionally, add filters.
- Specify a granularity for the query.
- Use Grafana's built-in visualization to verify the setup of your query. Once correct, click "Save" and then "Apply" in the top right of the screen.
Support and Feedback
Email Propel for support and feedback.